[Major Changes and New Features]
- Compatibility of Kart Space I/II with cars other than racing Karts
It is now possible to race on Kart Space I/II of the DLC in cars other than racing Karts in online races and in the Free Run of Practice.
(In the one make races of the Arcade mode and Practice, the courses are still limited to racing Karts.)
- Expanded the car restrictions in the Online Lounge
It is now possible to simultaneously set [Car Restrictions], [Performance Points], [Power], and [Models] in regulation settings. ( [Vehicle Tuning] must be set to [Unrestricted] and [Car Restrictions] must be set to something other than [Select from Garage].)
- In the Open Lobby, it is no longer possible to vote to kick out the person who created the room. (If the player leaves the room after creating it then comes back, they are then subject to the vote.)
- Adjusted the force of the steering wheel returning to center after a race when using the “Guillemot T500RS”.
- Improved the steering model when driving racing Karts with the DUALSHOCK®3 Wireless Controller, to prevent overly spinning out.
[Correction of Known Issues]
- Corrected various other issues regarding the update and the DLC.
Major Changes and New Features]
- Standard Cars now given simplified cockpit views
The over 800 standard cars included in the game are now given simplified cockpit views. You can change your view using the SELECT button when racing, to change your display to the exciting cockpit view.
*Unlike the cockpit view of premium cars, the simplified cockpit is shown in a dark silhouette, and the gauges used for the car will be standard in-game instruments.
- New Opening Movie
A new opening movie is now available from "Gran Turismo TV". When you download this movie, it will replace the current opening movie. The previous version will be viewable within Gran Turismo TV.
- Addition of the weather change menu
On some tracks with weather changes, it is now possible for the user to set time and weather changes from the Quick Menu in both the Arcade Mode, and "Practice" of the GT Mode. Also, you can make more detailed time and weather changes while editing in the course maker and in the online lounge.
- Multiple car settings/save feature
We’ve added a setting sheet feature that allows you to save multiple car settings.
From the [Setting Sheet] on the lower right of the screen, you can check the current settings. You can switch between 3 settings A, B, and C, allowing you to change between your personal settings easily according to the type of race and your objectives.
- Added 11 NASCAR cars
The newest NASCAR 2011 models have been added to the car dealerships. The added cars are the following:
Toyota 2011 Denny Hamlin #11 FedEx TOYOTA CAMRY '11
Chevrolet 2011 Tony Stewart #14 Office Depot CHEVROLET IMPALA '11
Toyota 2011 Kyle Busch #18 M&M'SR TOYOTA CAMRY '11
Toyota 2011 Joey Logano #20 The Home Depot TOYOTA CAMRY '11
Chevrolet 2011 Jeff Gordon #24 Drive to End Hunger CHEVROLET IMPALA '11
Chevrolet 2011 Juan Montoya #42 Target CHEVROLET IMPALA '11
Ford 2011 AJ Allmendinger #43 Best Buy FORD FUSION '11
Chevrolet 2011 Jimmie Johnson #48 Lowe's CHEVROLET IMPALA '11
Toyota 2011 Brian Vickers #83 Red Bull TOYOTA CAMRY '11
Chevrolet 2011 Dale Earnhardt Jr. #88 AMP Energy/National Guard CHEVROLET IMPALA '11
Ford 2011 Carl Edwards #99 Aflac FORD FUSION '11
- Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motor Sports
The Nisssan GT-R N24 Schulze Motor Sports has been added to the car dealer. This is the car entered in the 2011 Nurburgring 24 hour race by Schulze Motorsports of Germany, and is the very car in which Kazunori Yamauchi drove and achieved a class victory.
- Avatar now usable in Photo Travel
An Avatar ON/OFF feature has been added to Photo Travel. Now you can photograph your avatar together with your car.
You can turn the driver avatar ON/OFF by pressing the △ button while positioning the car.
- Replay Fast Forward/Rewind
All replay videos recorded after the 2.0 update will have [Forward] [Rewind] buttons.
You can now easily search for the scene you are looking for and play back a certain section whenever you want to, adding even more fun to the photo mode.
-Improved Online Lounge
[Car Restrictions] has been added in the regulations. You can now limit participants to specific categories such as "NASCAR" and "Super GT". Also, there are now more cars that can be used in shuffle races, and a new "Shuffle Base" setting allows you to set the performance level of cars allocated to each player.
For details, please see Top screen - [Manual] - [Online Race] - [Event Settings] and the "Regulation Settings".
- Additional features to Remote Racing
A "Graph Display" has been added to the remote race screen in GT My Home of granturismo.com, where you can enjoy B-Spec racing. This allows you to visually see the changes in positions in each lap. A time difference display for each car in the race has also been added.
- New Photo Stage Added
The "Indy: NASCAR Pit Stop" stage has been added to photo travel. We invite you to come see and capture the energy of NASCAR's famous pit stops.
- Addition of the Consecutive Login Bonus
When a user logs in consecutively, a bonus will now be applied to experience and race rewards.
It will increase to 110% in the 1st day, 130% in the 2nd day, 150% in the 3rd day, 170% in the 4th, to a maximum of 200% in the 5th day. This will apply to all events both online and offline, so logging in every day will make the game progress faster.
- DLC (Downloadable Content) Compatibility
A [Downloadable Content] button has been added to the lower right of the top screen. Here you can install content purchased from the PlayStation®Store.
Please refer to the product information page of gran-turismo.com for details regarding downloadable content.
*The release of the DLC is planned for 18th October, 2011.
- Official Support for the G25/G27 Racing Wheels
The Logitech G25 Racing Wheel and G27 Racing Wheel are now officially supported. You can now change button assignments for various racing controls on these wheels.
- User interface improvement
- Quick Menu can now be accessed while the race is loading.
- It is now possible to save and resume endurance races.
- Two NASCAR cars selectable in Arcade Mode have been changed from the 2010 models to 2011 models.
- In the Arcade Settings of [Options], AI Car Characteristics settings has been added. You can now change the aggressiveness of the AI against you in Arcade races.
- Some effects of Traction Control have been adjusted. When the TCS level is set to 1, it will not come into effect as much especially in tight corners on dirt tracks.
- Surface Water and Tire Load Indicator displays have been added to the race screen. The Tire Load Indicator can be set from the Quick Options menu that is displayed during the race (when the game is paused using the START button), or the standard Options menu.
- The option to Create Thumbnails for All Cars has been added to the context menu of the Garage. This will update the thumbnails of all cars in the garage.
- Experience gained in online races have been increased by 60%, and rewards have been increased by 66%.
- You can now change the Slipstream Strength settings in the lounge.
- In the Lounge and in [Option] - [General] - [Arcade], it is now possible to turn Visible Damage ON or OFF.
- Drivetrain settings has been added to the regulation settings in the Lounge.
- A setting to prohibit "Tuning" of cars has been added to the regulations settings in the Lounge.
- Adjusted the driving speed of formula cars in banks, and auto-drive when coming onto straights.
- Added a button to [Reset Playlist to Original Settings] under the settings menus of [Menu BGM], [Race BGM] and [Slideshow BGM].
- Personal BGM can now also be set in [Slideshow BGM]
- A new brand "AMG" has been added to the MUSEUM.
[Correction of Known Issues]
- Corrected an issue where the "Torque Sensing Center Differential" installed on a Lancer Evolution X was not functioning.
- Fixed an issue where you could participate in the Intermediate/Tarmac Rally of the Gran Turismo Rally in a Ferrari F1 by using the power limiter.
- Fixed an issue where the Controller Steering Sensitivity was not applied correctly.
- Fixed an issue where there was a server connection problem in certain network environments.
- Fixed an issue where auto-drive would make braking mistakes.
- Fixed an issue where the system would misjudge whether deceleration happens in time when making pit stops in the rain.
[Major Changes and New Features]
On the bottom left of the [GT Mode] - [Community] screen, [Remote Races] have been added.
You can combine the "My Driver" of you and your friends to start a fully automatic B-Spec race, to gain rewards and experience.
For details please see section 8-4 [Remote Races] in the [Manual] accessible from the top menu and also the new "Remote Race" page in the GT5 product in+I3formation section on gran-tursimo.com.
・Remote Racing from a Web Browser
For [Remote Races], you can visit the official "gran-turismo.com" website using an internet web browser, and remotely operate your PS3® at home. You can start races, monitor its progress and check the results from the web site. This is a new playing style allowing you to play Gran Turismo anywhere!
Sign in from the [GT5 My Home] button on the upper right of the webpage to get started.
・Using the Course Maker in Online Races
You can now select the "My Tracks" created in [Course Maker] for your online races (Open Lobby, My Lounge), or even race on tracks automatically generated from a selected theme on the spot. (Please note you'll only be able to use My Courses created after this update in this way.)
・Introduction of Performance Points for Online Races
We've now introduced Performance Points (PP), a numerical index of a car's performance for online races. You can set PP restrictions in the regulations of online races (Open Lobby, My Lounge) to regulate the participating cars.
For details, see 6 -15 [Performance Points] in the [Manual] accessible from the top menu screen.
・Increased Rewards and Experience Online
The amount of rewards and experience gained from online racing (Open Lobby and My Lounge) have been increased.
・Expansion of Event Settings for Online Races
[Auto Race Start Cycle] and [Tyre/Fuel Depletion] have been added to the event settings of online races (Open Lobby, My Lounge).
・Increased Penalties for Special Events
The penalties for improper driving such as driving off course and hitting walls have been increased for the [Special Events] in [GT Mode] - [GT Life].
・Event Rewards and Experience Adjusted
The rewards and experience for [Licence] and [Special Events] of [GT Mode] - [GT Life] have been adjusted. Experience for A-Spec and B-Spec events have been increased, while rewards have been reduced back down to levels seen before the 1.05 update.
・Car Loan in Events
In A-Spec and B-Spec events in [GT Mode] - [GT Life], as well as when participating in [Special Events], you can now rent cars that your Friends have set to share with friends.
For details see 6-16 [Borrowing and Lending Cars] in the [Manual] accessible from the top menu screen.
Individual gear adjustment, power limiters, and weight adjustment have been added to the settings. For details see [18. Settings Guide] in the [Manual] accessible from the top menu screen.
From [Options] - [Hardware] - [Multi Monitor], you can now set multi-monitor display settings using multiple PS3™ systems.
You can now enjoy Gran Turismo 5 in an incredibly wide display environment combining multiple PS3™ systems and TV's/monitors.
For details please see the support section on gran-turismo.com.
[Changes and Additions to Game Operations]
- It is now possible to replay and save [2 Player Races].
- [Controller Steering Sensitivity] has been added to [Driving Options].
- [Corner Camber] has been added to the section settings of the [Course Maker].
- In A Spec events including endurance races, a confirmation prompt has been added before restarting a race from the beginning.
- In replays, B Spec and while watching races, you can now change viewing targets directly from the screen without having to use a separate window list.
- User selected background music can now be used when voice chat is disabled in a [Lounge].
- Cars in your garage that are not registered as 'Favorites' can now be used in a [Lounge].
- When a tyre restriction is enabled in a Lounge regulation, only cars having tyres that match the regulation will be displayed in the garage.
- Driver and car display selections during races will be saved.
- It is now possible to perform settings for karts in the [Quick Menu].
- It is now possible to select multiple items in some major screens, such as when selecting the on/off of favourites in the [Garage].
- Race choreography and opponent car AI controls for licence tests and A Spec events have been adjusted.
- Opponent car AI controls during B Spec races have been improved.
- The evasive manoeuvres of opponent cars when a players car blocks the track has been improved.
[Correction of Issues]
- Corrected an issue where it was possible to gain points unfairly in drift trials.
- Corrected an issue where it was not possible to view the 4th sector in the live monitor.
-Corrected an issue where the sound would not change when replacing the exhaust system or turbo kit.
- Corrected an issue where the save data becomes unable to load when exceeding a certain file size.
- A searchable item called [Race Type] has been added during room creation in the [Open Lobby].
- The lap times for the [X Challenge] in [Special Events] have been adjusted.
- Game save speed has been optimised.
- The HDD access warning message that was displayed at game startup has been disabled for faster startup.
- The background of car demos during an [Auto Demo] is now displayed randomly in 4 types (Morning/Day/Night/White) as is in the [Dealership].
- The "S-AWC" integrated four wheel drive system of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X has been adjusted.
- The [Feedback Strength] of the Thrustmaster T500RS can now be adjusted across a wider range.
[To Check Your Current Version]
To check the version of your software, press the "Manual" button at the bottom of the main menu screen. The version number will be located on the upper left of the index page in this manual.
If the number starts with 1.06, you are playing the latest version of the game.
If not, please press PS button and quit the game. The game will be updated automatically when you restart it with your PS3™ system connected to the internet.